Friday, May 8, 2009

Kill or be killed

I have a bad habit of befriending the cutthroats.

Thrill Kill Kult played tonight at Rock Bottom. Really good for a short set.



Omar Salazar Nike SB Shoe Sample




"Nike SB blessed Paul Rodriguez with his own signature shoe and this year Stefan Janoski’s shoe will makes its debut. Up next to get their own Nike SB shoe is pro skater Omar Salazar. Here we have an early look at Omar’s upcoming shoe. Is that Flywire along the back panel? A simple sneaker that features “Omar Salazar” on the tongue.

We don’t have any info about when Omar’s kicks will drop, so stay tuned. Props to Chris Gomez for sending us the images".

via theshoegame.com


So let me start off by saying, REALLY? Like really? R U SRS NIKE SKATEBOARDING?

First off let me just say this shoe is a mess!

*Flywire? Cement print on skate shoes is out, flywire is in?

*Looks like a mid without the strap

*Looks like a mid with a blazer midsole

*The toe cap design looks like the same Nike used for the FC

*The Name on the tongue.....COME ON!!! As un original as this shoe is of course they'd go out and take the swagger jack the Jordan VI tongue for this shoe.

*I'm sure just like the Blazer model the shoe will widen after a few skate sessions

This shoe probably isn't as bad as the Janoski (skate wise). The Janoski model look more like a summer shoe that has NO ankle support what so ever. I'm not even sure how I feel about the P-Rod 3 model coming out in the next month or so. By the looks of it and as I was told the toe cap is too high and would probably need a lot of breaking into before any serious skating can be done in them

Nike SB should stop fucking around and just bring back the delta force model.

In other news;

Nick, Chris, and I have decided that we've ran out of clubs to promote at.

Only option;

Open up our own venue

This has been a dream of mine for a long time now. I have pretty much jotted down a list of everything needed in order to make this happen....the legal way.

Spots we've looked into;

The Sanctuary; Fuck you, Mark. RIP awesome venue, hello shitty goth club.

Used car dealership on Broadway; Interview on Tuesday.

Funtown; Found out Sergio's wife's relative owns the building. Place has the potential to became a great outdoor/indoor venue.

Sin 13 ($90,000)...Honestly now......$50,000 is PUSHING IT for that building.

IF AND I MEAN IF this were to happen I think I'd knock down the dj booth and reopen the room were it once was giving me enough room to extend the dance floor a good five feet. RIP THAT MOLDY ASS CARPET OUT! I can not stress over it any longer. I know for a fact that since that place was sin 13 the carpet has never been pulled out. Coolers! I can not take any club seriously that does not have either a walk in cooler or a cooler in the beer room to keep back up beer cold in case the bartenders start running out. I say that as a bar back.

So the question here is;

Will this be a night club or a music venue?

Both

It's pretty easy to run a successful venue if done properly. Most night clubs run their business Wed-Sat. It would be stupid to be closed Sun-Tues so why not? Unless; of course, you can afford to do so. Also Any show that would take place on a Wed-Sat would be finished by 9:30 SHARP with dance night starting at 10.

Nick, Chris, I have enough money to make this happen and as much as I'd love to jump into it I wouldn't want to have to follow in the steps of Sin 13. There's a place out there somewhere in this town.

No comments: